By Susan Schreibman, Ray Siemens, John Unsworth
This highly-anticipated quantity has been largely revised to mirror alterations in expertise, electronic humanities equipment and practices, and institutional tradition surrounding the valuation and e-book of electronic scholarship.
- A absolutely revised variation of a celebrated reference paintings, supplying the main finished and updated number of examine at present on hand during this speedily evolving discipline
- Includes new articles addressing topical and provocative matters and concepts comparable to unfashionable computing, laptop fabrication, gender dynamics, and globalization
- Brings jointly a world crew of authors who're pioneers of cutting edge examine within the electronic humanities
- Accessibly dependent into 5 sections exploring infrastructures, production, research, dissemination, and the way forward for electronic humanities
- Surveys the previous, current, and way forward for the sector, providing crucial learn for somebody attracted to higher figuring out the idea, tools, and alertness of the electronic humanities
Read or Download A New Companion to Digital Humanities PDF
Similar movements & periods books
This concise complement to Cisneros' the home on Mango highway & lady Hollering Creek is helping scholars comprehend the general constitution of the paintings, activities and motivations of the characters, and the social and cultural views of the writer.
The writers of the Beat iteration wrote in the course of a very chaotic interval in glossy background. They replied to the specter of the nuclear age, the anti-Communist hysteria that gripped the United States, and the cultural strain to comply to social conventions. Written for college students and normal readers, this publication examines 7 masterpieces of Beat literature.
This advent to learning comics and image novels is a dependent advisor to a well-liked subject. It deploys new cognitive equipment of textual research and contours actions and workouts all through. Deploys novel cognitive ways to investigate the significance of mental and actual points of reader adventure conscientiously established to construct a sequenced, rounded creation to the topic comprises learn actions, writing routines, and essay issues all through committed chapters conceal renowned sub-genres equivalent to autobiography and literary model
Booklet through during this illustrated choice of big apple urban lore, excerpts from the works of Truman Capote and A. J. Liebling stand facet by means of aspect with decisions from Washington Irving and Charles Dickens. In all, a few one hundred fifty writers and artists are represented, together with Thomas Wolfe, Stephen Crane, Mark Twain, James Baldwin, Henry Miller, Piri Thomas, O.
- Dramatic Dickens
- Romanistisches Jahrbuch 2004
- D.H. Lawrence and the Authoritarian Personality
- The Pan Dictionary of Famous Quotations
- Postcolonial Asylum: Seeking Sanctuary Before the Law (Liverpool University Press - Postcolonialism Across Disciplines)
Extra info for A New Companion to Digital Humanities
In makerspaces, such possibilities are not simply imagined; they are repeatedly prototyped and tested. , surveillance, warfare, privilege, or monopolization), they also allow scholars to build alternatives, construct what‐if scenarios, and create what, until recently, they may have only conjectured. Notes 1 “CT scan” is short for an x‐ray computed tomography scan, which produces topographic images using computer‐processed x‐rays. 2 For a brief history of this split, see Sayers, “Technology,” in the second edition of Keywords for American Cultural Studies (2015), edited by Bruce Burgett and Glenn Hendler.
London: Routledge. Viscomi, J. 1993. Blake and the Idea of the Book. Princeton: Princeton University Press. Waibel, G. 2013. About Smithsonian X 3D. Smith sonian X 3D. edu/about (accessed June 20, 2015). , and Maestri, L. 2007. The resource fulness of everyday design. Proceedings of ACM Creativity and Cognition 2007. New York: ACM Press, 163–72. , and Buechley, L. 2013. Hybrid reassemblage: an exploration of craft, digital fabrication and artifact uniqueness. Leonardo 46, 4–10. 2 Embodiment, Entanglement, and Immersion in Digital Cultural Heritage Sarah Kenderdine [T]he museum is a theater of anamorphic and autoscopic dramaturgy; a place in which it is not so easy to tell which is the spider and which the web, which the machinery and which the operator.
E. 2013. The Emergence of the Digital Humanities. New York: Routledge. 20 Jentery Sayers, Devon Elliott, Kari Kraus, Bethany Nowviskie, and William J. G. 2008a. Mechanisms: New Media and the Forensic Imagination. Cambridge: MIT Press. G. 2008b. Bookscapes: model ing books in electronic space. Human–Computer Interaction Lab 25th Annual Symposium, May 29, 1–2. kopas, merritt. 2013. What are games good for? Videogame creation as social, artistic, and inves tigative practice. pdf (Accessed June 20, 2015).