By Dave Clarke, James Noble, Tobias Wrigstad
This e-book offers a survey of the state of the art on ideas for facing aliasing in object-oriented programming. It marks the 20 th anniversary of the paper The Geneva conference at the therapy of item Aliasing via John Hogg, Doug Lea, Alan Wills, Dennis de Champeaux and Richard Holt. The 22 revised papers have been rigorously reviewed to make sure the top quality.The contributions are geared up in topical sections at the Geneva conference, possession, concurrency, alias research, controlling results, verification, programming languages, and visions.
Read Online or Download Aliasing in Object-Oriented Programming: Types, Analysis, and Verification PDF
Best programming books
Get a high-quality grounding within the basics of Cocoa contact, and stay away from difficulties in the course of iPhone and iPad app improvement. With this revised and elevated variation, you’ll dig into Cocoa and easy methods to paintings successfully with Objective-C and Xcode. This booklet covers iOS five and Xcode four. three in a rigorous, orderly fashion—ideal no matter if you’re drawing close iOS for the 1st time or desire a connection with bolster present skills.
Many discussions were accelerated or better. All code examples were revised, and lots of new code examples were added.
* the recent reminiscence administration system—ARC—is completely defined and all code examples were revised to exploit it.
* New Objective-C positive factors, corresponding to announcement of example variables within the class’s implementation part, are defined and included into the revised instance code.
* dialogue of ways an app launches, and all code examples, are revised for undertaking templates from Xcode four. 2 and later.
* different new Xcode gains, together with the Simulator’s Debug menu, are coated, with reveal pictures in keeping with Xcode four. 2 and later.
* The dialogue of tools is elevated, with display shots—by renowned request!
* Storyboards are defined and mentioned.
* the reason of view controllers is totally rewritten to incorporate iOS five positive aspects, similar to customized mother or father view controllers and UIPageViewController.
* The Controls bankruptcy now contains iOS five interface customizability and the looks proxy.
* New beneficial properties of interface periods are mentioned, together with tiling and lively photos, new desk view gains, new alert view kinds.
* insurance of frameworks resembling center movement and AV starting place is significantly increased. New iOS five sessions and frameworks also are mentioned, together with middle snapshot and UIDocument (and iCloud support).
* vital iOS five adjustments which could holiday present code are explicitly known as out within the textual content and indexed within the index.
Written via Sass writer Hampton Catlin and Michael Lintorn Catlin, Pragmatic consultant to Sass indicates you ways to you to enhance your CSS, from the fundamentals to complicated issues, from first install to sharpening up your buttons. You'll see the best way to code the perfect manner in Sass because of brief, transparent examples.
Facts in all domain names is getting greater. how are you going to paintings with it successfully? This publication introduces Apache Spark, the open resource cluster computing method that makes information analytics quick to put in writing and quickly to run. With Spark, you could take on monstrous datasets quick via basic APIs in Python, Java, and Scala.
- Write Great Code, Volume 2: Thinking Low-Level, Writing High-Level
- Inductive Logic Programming: 16th International Conference, ILP 2006, Santiago de Compostela, Spain, August 24-27, 2006, Revised Selected Papers
- Nondifferentiable and Two-Level Mathematical Programming
- Beginning Android 3D Game Development
- Culture in the context of UNFPA programming : ICPD+10 survey results on culture and religion.
Extra info for Aliasing in Object-Oriented Programming: Types, Analysis, and Verification
The system shares many similarities with PRFJ, but it uses a simpler type system that aims to be much more user friendly. To cope with some of the reduced expressiveness, the system uses eﬀects to deal with references to domains not identiﬁable by immutable paths. A number of extensions were presented that can distinguish between read/writes, prevent deadlocks, verify atomicity, and allow locks to be taken at the granularity of single objects. The authors conjecture that adding genericity to the type system will increase expressiveness.
The most-general client is an abstraction of all possible clients that is used to create all possible traces through the box. If execution succeeds, the box never exposes any conﬁned object, irrespective of the program that uses the box. The approach is based on formulating ownership as a semantic property of the program and the subsequent construction of an abstraction of the abstract semantics in the style of Cousot and Cousot [49,50]. A general variation of a points-to analysis-based algorithm to infer ownership and uniqueness is presented by Ma and Foster .
Banerjee and Naumann use ownership to show representation independence properties of classes [11,16,15], which enables one implementation of a class to be replaced by another. Ownership is used to indicate which classes are hidden behind the abstraction boundary. Their work has addressed this problem for increasingly sophisticated program models and relaxed restrictions. Much more could be said here. Instead duplicating other excellent work on the topic, we invite the reader to consult other the chapters of this volume that discuss the role of ownership in veriﬁcation [17,58].