By Erik Hellman
Unharness the facility of the Android OS and construct the categories of fabulous, leading edge apps clients like to use
If your means round the Android OS and will construct an easy Android app in lower than an hour, this e-book is for you. If you’re itching to determine simply how some distance you could push it and realize what Android is actually able to, it’s for you. And if you’re able to how you can construct complex, intuitive, cutting edge apps which are a blast to exploit, this publication is well for you.
From customized perspectives and complicated multi-touch gestures, to integrating on-line internet prone and exploiting the newest geofencing and task reputation positive factors, ace Android developer, Erik Hellman, offers professional advice, methods and little-known innovations for pushing the Android envelope so that you can:
Optimize your parts for the smoothest consumer event possible
Create your personal customized Views
Push the bounds of the Android SDK
Master Android Studio and Gradle
Make optimum use of the Android audio, video and pictures APIs
Program in Text-To-Speech and Speech Recognition
Make the main of the recent Android maps and site API
Use Android connectivity applied sciences to speak with distant devices
Perform heritage processing
Use Android cryptography APIs
Find and effectively use hidden Android APIs
Cloud-enable your purposes with Google Play Services
Distribute and promote your functions on Google Play Store
Learn tips on how to unharness the facility of Android and remodel your apps from stable to nice in Android Programming: Pushing the boundaries.
Read or Download Android Programming: Pushing the Limits PDF
Best programming books
Get a superb grounding within the basics of Cocoa contact, and keep away from difficulties in the course of iPhone and iPad app improvement. With this revised and elevated version, you’ll dig into Cocoa and the best way to paintings successfully with Objective-C and Xcode. This booklet covers iOS five and Xcode four. three in a rigorous, orderly fashion—ideal no matter if you’re impending iOS for the 1st time or desire a connection with bolster current skills.
Many discussions were increased or better. All code examples were revised, and lots of new code examples were added.
* the hot reminiscence administration system—ARC—is completely defined and all code examples were revised to take advantage of it.
* New Objective-C positive factors, reminiscent of statement of example variables within the class’s implementation part, are defined and included into the revised instance code.
* dialogue of the way an app launches, and all code examples, are revised for undertaking templates from Xcode four. 2 and later.
* different new Xcode beneficial properties, together with the Simulator’s Debug menu, are coated, with reveal pictures in keeping with Xcode four. 2 and later.
* The dialogue of tools is elevated, with monitor shots—by renowned request!
* Storyboards are defined and mentioned.
* the reason of view controllers is totally rewritten to incorporate iOS five positive factors, comparable to customized guardian view controllers and UIPageViewController.
* The Controls bankruptcy now contains iOS five interface customizability and the looks proxy.
* New beneficial properties of interface periods are mentioned, together with tiling and lively pictures, new desk view positive aspects, new alert view kinds.
* assurance of frameworks equivalent to center movement and AV origin is vastly accelerated. New iOS five sessions and frameworks also are mentioned, together with middle photo and UIDocument (and iCloud support).
* very important iOS five adjustments that could holiday present code are explicitly referred to as out within the textual content and indexed within the index.
Written through Sass writer Hampton Catlin and Michael Lintorn Catlin, Pragmatic consultant to Sass indicates you the way to you to enhance your CSS, from the fundamentals to complex issues, from first set up to sharpening up your buttons. You'll see the way to code the appropriate method in Sass due to brief, transparent examples.
Facts in all domain names is getting greater. how are you going to paintings with it successfully? This booklet introduces Apache Spark, the open resource cluster computing approach that makes info analytics speedy to jot down and speedy to run. With Spark, you could take on colossal datasets quick via easy APIs in Python, Java, and Scala.
- Functional Programming Patterns in Scala and Clojure: Write Lean Programs for the JVM
- Learning PHP: A Gentle Introduction to the Web's Most Popular Language
- Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X (4th Edition)
- Pragmatic Version Control Using Git
Additional info for Android Programming: Pushing the Limits
Also, not all of the Java SE APIs are available on Android because they’re irrelevant for this platform. For instance, the Swing/AWT packages have been completely removed because Android uses a different UI framework. Other APIs that have been removed are RMI, CORBA, ImageIO, and JMX. These have either been replaced by an Android specific version (in the android package space) or simply don’t have an equivalent in Android for practical reasons. 36 Part I: Building a Better Foundation Optimizing Java Code for Android Java SE has evolved over the years with new features that simplify writing complicated code structures.
Also, the distribution of apps was very complicated because no wellsupported online stores existed at that time. The launch of Android gave developers the option to build very capable applications for smartphones by writing code using the Java programming language and using the same API they were used to in the standard Java domain. However, although Android developers still use the compiler from Java SE to compile their applications, you can find many differences between the Java that James Gosling developed and the way Java works on your Android device.
A development team usually comprises four to eight people, all working on the same code in parallel. Although the team could 20 Part I: Building a Better Foundation decide who will make the changes for every file, it’s much more practical to apply a version control system to the project files that supports a parallel method for development. Another benefit of a version control system is that you can track changes back in time (who made what changes and when in a specific part of a file) and then merge changes from different developers into the same file.